I’m excited to announce the release of Unexpected Afghans, a new pattern book by Interweave Press with one of my patterns in it. Robyn Chachula asked designers to imagine an afghan using their favorite part of crochet. As you can probably guess if you know anything about me, I chose motifs. I took the basic granny square, which is what most people think of when they picture a motif, and tweaked it for a more updated look in my Mod Retro Afghan.
In celebration, I’m giving away an ebook copy of Unexpected Afghans! Today, tomorrow and Sunday I’ll be posting a question each day on Twitter. Reply to me (@edieeckman) with your answer and you’ll be entered into a drawing for the copy of the ebook! You can answer once per question until 6pm on Sunday. If you don’t have a Twitter account they are free and easy to make. While you’re at it, you might want to follow me on Twitter so that you’ll be in the know when I share information about where I’ll be teaching, when my new books and patterns are out, and when I find some really great knitting or crochet stuff that you’ll want to know!
Finally, take a look at the other designers from the book featured in this weekend’s blog tour.
- Robyn Chachula, Crochet By Faye
- Dora Ohrenstein, Crochet Insider Newsletter
- Ellen Gormley, Go Crochet
- Carol Ventura, Tapestry Crochet
- Linda Permann, Lindamade
- Diane Halpern, Three Rivers Crochet
- Drew Emborsky, The Crochet Dude
- Annette Petavy, Annette Petavy Design
- Jill Wright, Wool Crafting
- Simona Merchant-Dest, Stylish Knits
- Doris Chan, Everyday Crochet
- Mary Beth Temple, Addicted to Alpaca
- Kristin Omdahl, Styled By Kristin
- Marty Miller, Not Your Grannys Crochet
- Tracie Barrett
- Annie Modesitt, Modeknit
- Megan Granholm, Loop de doo
- Kim Guzman, Wips N Chains