There’s now proof: Connect the Shapes Crochet Motifs is a Real Book!
Junior, my UPS guy, brought me an early advance copy, so now I know it’s really happening, and I’m so happy to be able to share my enthusiasm with you. (Yes, I am on a first-name basis with my UPS driver.)
In Connect the Shapes Crochet Motifs I take advantage of all the things people love about crocheting motifs: the colors, textures, geometry, architecture, portability. Then I address the things that people dislike about putting them together–things like seaming and weaving in ends. I tried to get rid of those stumbling blocks that might keep people from working on projects that involve individual pieces.
What do you get with Connect the Shapes Crochet Motifs?
• seaming and join-as-you-go methods (JAYGo) that maintain portability
• the continuous motif method that looks like individual joined motifs, but is in reality just a single strand of uninterrupted yarn
• ways to adapt motifs to create versatile yet sturdy, non-holey fabric
• ways to plan your arrangements − “planned freeform” for those control-freak types who can’t just relax and let it flow
• 30 different examples of connections
• 101 individual motifs
• 11 projects that show these techniques in action.
But it’s about more than just ways to put motifs together! It’s about ways to morph from one motif to another, shape-wise and design-wise. There are some really cool motifs, including many original motifs that are internally connected–layered, inserted, reversible and worked in more unusual ways. And I didn’t forget the traditional granny “square” in many of its forms!
As in my previous books, for every single motif there are both text and charted instructions, as well as detailed close-up pictures. There is a chart for every set of connections.
The book will be available in early October and can be pre-ordered now from your local bookseller (please support them!) or from Amazon. It’s also available for your Kindle or other ereaders.
As the weeks go on, I’ll be telling you about various events that we’ll be doing to promote the book, including crochet-alongs and other interactive fun!