Show your love this Valentine’s Day! The Hearts All Around Hat provides rounds and rounds of hearts to keep heads toasty warm. You can knit… Read More »Knitting Pattern: Hearts All Around Hat
Surprise! I’ve written a sewing book! Pincushions to Sew, from Leisure Arts, features 15 pincushions designed by yours truly.
These were great fun to make, and I had a blast thinking of ways to embellish them. And since I’m only an intermediate sewer myself, I can guarantee that the sewing skill needed is “not that much”.
- They are quick to make. I was amazed at how quickly I finished these, compared to a knitting project!
- They offer the perfect opportunity to practice your sewing skills. I learned to make Prairie Points just for this book.
- It’s a great way to use small amounts of fabric. Each of these uses only 5″ charm squares or jelly roll strips, in coordinating prints and colors.
- You can embellish them using all kinds of fun ribbons and other trims. What a terrific excuse for another trip to the store to get more doo-dads!
- The finished product is completely utilitarian. You can always use another pincushion.
- They make great gifts for your crafty friends.