Conventional wisdom says that sharing New Year’s resolutions with someone else is supposed to keep us accountable and thus more likely to achieve success. I’ve… Read More »6 Crafting New Year’s Resolutions I Can Keep
Brighten up your summer with these quick and easy summer placemats. They are a perfect first project for beginning knitters, and they make a great… Read More »Free Knitting Pattern: Quick & Easy Summer Placemats
My mother, the needlepointer, taught me the value of a good lamp for crafters. Recently I was contacted by Brightech, who asked me if I… Read More »Review: Brightech LightView Magnifying Lamp
Surprise! I’ve written a sewing book! Pincushions to Sew, from Leisure Arts, features 15 pincushions designed by yours truly.
These were great fun to make, and I had a blast thinking of ways to embellish them. And since I’m only an intermediate sewer myself, I can guarantee that the sewing skill needed is “not that much”.
- They are quick to make. I was amazed at how quickly I finished these, compared to a knitting project!
- They offer the perfect opportunity to practice your sewing skills. I learned to make Prairie Points just for this book.
- It’s a great way to use small amounts of fabric. Each of these uses only 5″ charm squares or jelly roll strips, in coordinating prints and colors.
- You can embellish them using all kinds of fun ribbons and other trims. What a terrific excuse for another trip to the store to get more doo-dads!
- The finished product is completely utilitarian. You can always use another pincushion.
- They make great gifts for your crafty friends.
This page may contain affiliate links, which help support me, but don’t cost you anything extra. A little bit of sewing + a little bit… Read More »How to Sew the Vintage Touches Apron, Part 1